and his company, Venture Founders LLC
People who want to start a business are often lonely and without any sympathy. I know, having been down that road more than once. You are reluctant to spend money or become too committed to an external adviser.
Frequently entrepreneurs are encouraged to engage lawyers and accountants. You may need their services, but in this day and age, it is better to use them only when you need, except that is, when a professional also happens to be a trusted friend or associate.
Using the help, and sometimes just getting the ear, of someone who has trodden the road before can be very cost-effective, enabling you to avoid expensive mistakes or alerting you to savvy ways to do things outside your own area of expertise.
How can the Owl make that possible?
Many different ways:
- make free use of information, tools, techniques, advice–here on Startup Owl’s website;
- get feedback on your ‘elevator pitch’ for your business or non-profit–at no charge;
- contact: ask whatever you want, without obligation–we can speak for a minute or an hour;
- become a complimentary member of the Owl’s Tool Chest and get new tools periodically;
- buy a review of your business plan and receive it for a fixed-price within seven days;
- book a monthly one-hour startup counseling session without long-term commitment;
- order answers from Venture Founders’ economical On Demand Executive Assistance service;
- subscribe to the Startup Owl’s blog and get ideas and inspiration for nothing;
- set up a fee-paid project to get the project off the ground, or to do specific jobs.
Why use Will, his colleagues or Venture Founders?
- While we may not know your business, we have been there, done that.
- As a serial entrepreneur and counselor to many startups, I know theory and practice.
- In addition to entrepreneurship, my experience and activities are widespread.
- As you’ll see from the website we are general practitioners, not specialists.
- We start from strong convictions and values about the way business should be done.
- We specialize in three key areas: planning, finance and marketing.
- The key to starting a venture is you; we work with you as well as for you.
- If you seek reassurance, ask to speak with people with whom we have worked.
What help can you get right now?
Browse around the Startup Owl website using the navigation to the right or the drop down menus from the horizontal nav bar at the top of the page. There is so much to see, that I cannot really direct you. Things will catch your attention, so follow them in the hope of finding something useful.
If you can’t find what you are after, don’t hesitate to email me and ask.