Tools and Techniques for Startups
The Startup Owl’s Tools and Techniques offer convenient and easy-to-use ways to do a lot of those jobs that seem so difficult. They are designed to make tasks easier and quicker.
Please help yourself to them.
If you would like to join the mailing list for new tools and techniques as they are added, then complete the sign-up form for free.
If you need more help, then contact the Startup Owl directly.
Current list of tools and techniques
- Affinity Diagram: to make sense of what seem like a random set of data.
- Brainstorming: to generate ideas; it needs organizing.
- Business Model Planner: to figure out the rationale for your business.
- Business Planning Software: to save time in plan design.
- Business Plan Outline: to help you work on your business plan.
- Cause and Effect Diagram: to do just that–sometimes called a fishbone diagram.
- Critical Path Analysis: to help you with the tough task of project management.
- Customer Profiling Grid: to better describe who your customers are.
- Goal Tracking Tool: to monitor your progress towards your goals.
- Make Meaning Grid: to help you discern and define your business meaning.
- Marketing Strategy Grid: to make ensure you have covered all aspects of the plan.
- Milestones Tool: to keep track of progress and accountabilities.
- Mind Mapping: to record ideas, reflections or minutes in a graphic, non-linear way.
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA): to protect proprietary information.
- Promotional Media Checklist: to ensure an effective promotional mix.
- Startup Staffing Grid: a means of planning for the skills you’ll need and where to find them.
- SWOT Analysis: to catalog your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.
- Value Proposition Matrix: to make sure you have not missed key links in the value chain.